Sunday, May 10, 2009

Leinster-45 Scarlets-8

SCARLEH FOR ‘EM!!!

The visiting Welshmen never really had a chance at the RDS on Friday night, did they?

Their season virtually over, facing a Leinster squad riding the crest of a wave after Croke Park and even having the audacity to put out their strongest available XV.

That has to have been a hat-tip to the fans, who were witnessing the last competitive game in Ballsbridge for the 2008/09 season, and not one of us that were clad in blue was disappointed.

I must admit the actual match itself was lost in my memory by the numerous pints of Guinness I had afterwards in various drinking establishments, but one thing I know for sure is that the boys thoroughly deserved their resounding victory and appeared hell-bent on giving us our money’s worth. As if, of course, they hadn’t already done that six days earlier…

By the way, my Croker 09 jersey was a huge success. I couldn’t even take a leak without someone saying something about it! To anyone who prints names and numbers on jerseys, I want a percentage of any profits you make since Friday on that particular combo!!!

I have a thing or six to say about the AIB final but should have more time to word it properly tomorrow.

D4tress

D4tress
Taken by JLP from RDS press box on Nov 16, 2019