Thursday, July 18, 2013

Kaepernick hat choice ‘a huge mistake.’

Baseball is one of the things that helps get me through the rugby off-season…I hope you won’t mind me indulging myself by posting some articles I find on the interweb on US sports now and again.

Warning…they will tend to be about my favourite teams the Oakland Athletics (baseball), San Francisco 49ers (football), San Jose Sharks (hockey) and the Golden State Warriors (basketball).

harpin on usa 

ck7

San Francisco 49ers quarterback Colin Kaepernick caught a bit of flak for wearing a Miami Dolphins hat on July 4th.

He took to the photo sharing service Instagram to defend himself.

“This the hat y’all mad at? I’m goin wear what I want regardless of what you think,” Kaepernick said, via Instagram. “All you need to worry about is the fact that I grind for my teammates and the 49ers! I plan on doin this until they won’t let me in the building! #ridiculous #y’allmustbebored”

It’s a good thing that he brought up his teammates.

One of them is Navarro Bowman and he didn’t think it was cool either.

This is a huge mistake by Kaep,” Bowman told the NFL Network. “I’m sure he understands that now. In his defense, we’re young, in our era these days we like to match our snapbacks with our outfits.”

“The hats now these days are very important to the outfit, so Kaep I understand what you did, but let’s stay away from the NFL teams,” he added. “Stick to NBA, go to college or the baseball hats.”

Bowman did shift gears and go harder on Carolina Panther quarterback Cam Newton who recently expressed his love for his hometown team the Atlanta Falcons.

This is despite the fact that they are his division rivals.

“There’s no excuse for that one, man,” Bowman said. “A fan? These players are trying to take your head off and you’re a fan? Nah, you can’t do that.”

Quarterbacks let this be a lesson. There is only one team that matters: your own.

The post NaVorro Bowman calls Colin Kaepernick hat choice ‘a huge mistake.’ appeared first on Players View.

 
Check out other great articles at Players View.

D4tress

D4tress
Taken by JLP from RDS press box on Nov 16, 2019