Saturday, October 15, 2016

Crossfield kick by Chris McDonnell – Part 6


First game of our European campaign today.


I really like the team even though I'd love Johnny to be playing I think Joey will definitely be up to the task.



I didn't understand dropping JVDF last week for Jordi Murphy and equally after his performance I don't know why Jordi is dropped from the squad. Leo doesn't reward form, it's like he picks teams weeks in advance and sticks to it baring injury.



Saying that it's a really good pack and I think we are on for a good European run this season.


Our centres really clicked last week and filled Leinster fans with lots of hope for the future.



There's been a lot of talk that the lineout is better and on our own ball it definitely is (apart from one or two wobbly ones from Tracy). We still put no pressure on their ball. The tallest man in rugby stands at the back watching and two or three players shuffle up and down the lineout and by the time they decide who should jump and where the ball is already lost.

Throw Dev up and force their hooker to beat him at full stretch. It's as simple as that.



Anyway I said last week we'd win by 15 points without a bonus and I wasn't far off this week we will win by 6.

My only gripe is Rob Kearney and Zane Kirchner both are full backs and only one should play at a time, my choice is ZK as he has been attacking better. Both miss tackles and both shoot out of the line and miss man and ball, see Munster second try and watch Rob go for the interception and miss giving them a walk over for an easy 7.


Even with both of them and the risks involved with their defence there will be 4 points in the bag this evening.


What's the betting on Ireland 4 - France 0?

Chris McDonnell - 47 years old, 32 years of playing rugby union and 12 playing rugby league, I have started a rugby match in every position apart from 9. Find myself as a tighthead prop these days. Leinster fan first and foremost but will watch Munster if they’re on the telly.

*****

Want to see your own rugby opinions on the web?
Click "Write for us" in the sidebar to find out how.

D4tress

D4tress
Taken by JLP from RDS press box on Nov 16, 2019