Sunday, May 09, 2021

Online comments after Connacht v Leinster

A selection of the “keyboard warrior” reactions after the full-time whistle of our featured matches of the weekend.

If you’d like to contribute stay tuned to our Facebook page for our “Feel free to leave your thoughts…” posts which show up around full time after Leinster & Ireland matches.


Paul Smith First 15 minutes- WTF ? Have these guys forgotten hie to play rugby ? Next 65 minutes- WOW, this is how the game is supposed to be played folks 😁.. Delighted for Hugo, brilliant hat trick and a MOM performance. Some brilliant play by the forwards too, the maul was unstoppable and the handling breathtaking at times.



Conor Cronin With a few things going on I didn't see the first half, but from what I've read we got off the bus 15 minutes late. I don't like how we've done that a couple of times this season (think Exeter).

What I did see showed great up front power, almost exclusively excellent finishing (sorry Dave! ) and a really strong defensive set up that I'd have killed for last week. Let's get back to winning ways and keep going with a few more strong wins like that!



Brian Corr This is what I said on your pregame squad post

Maybe I read too much into emotion and intent, but I reckon Leinster will be out to prove a point here. I don’t see this being a low scoring tight game.

After 14 minutes I was wondering what was going on, commentary said the Frawley penalty was cynical I thought unlucky because the player placing ball was off the ground and the scrum half had his hands on it, and the try was an intercept it seemed Leinster were killing themselves.

By 24 mins to have recovered from 16-0 to 16-19 was an immense effort.

Connacht had no clue how to deal with the maul, it seemed full of fast flowing play hard to take your eye off it, but it was a real team effort and fair play to Hugo giving credit to the forwards and the ground work they were putting in when picking up his MOTM award.

Am I being too much in saying Connacht did not seem too bothered at the end? Apart from Butler and Blade going off early with angry/disappointed heads on them the rest of the squad looked alright about it.

Delighted for our three players outing that are going on the lions tour, hope Conan is ok🤞, not a great sight after such great news. I couldn’t say 3 lions in above sentence, made me go “ugh” even thinking it.

Also delighted for Kelleher he fairly pinned the ears back for his touch down.



Noel Hewson When Leinster are good there very good but slow starts are starting to trend. Hugo’s pace is outstanding and I love how he steps in to play 9 when needed as per the 7s. Still issues at the breakdown but hopefully they are learning




Brian Patrick Donnelly The most bonkers first half in years!!



Many thanks to all who offered opinions.

Look out Monday for our match writeup JLP

D4tress

D4tress
Taken by JLP from RDS press box on Nov 16, 2019