Thursday, July 22, 2021

Best of luck to #IreM7s and #LionsRugby though I will be mostly supportin' not harpin'

 

I've made it clear over the past while how I feel about the Lions Tour so I won't drag that up again but one additional point I'd like to make is that I feel the same way about the Olympics.

Of course being a Leinster & Ireland rugby nut all the above leaves me conflicted since I am delighted to see the sevens lads qualify and also the Irish contingent in Warren Gatland's First Test selection especially Jack Conan deserve all the best wishes I can offer.

However while under normal circumstances I'd be blogging every day with all my usual features throughout the Test series as well as Ireland's Olympic campaign, to do so I feel I'd have to suspend my feelings about the events taking place at all so after much deliberation I have decided to take a break from the day to day content producing until both the series and the Games are over.

That doesn't mean I won't be doing anything at all, there will no doubt be tweets when the matches are on and should something inspire me to do a post I will.  Just on Monday I posted a "writeup of all writeups" for Leinster's 2020/21 campaign and after finding out on Wednesday that we will face Bath & Montpellier in our Champions Cup pool, there will no doubt be fixtures announced for that as well as the new URC in the near future so I'll be sure to cover that.

But in the meantime all the regular features like Front 5, Rugby on TV, the podcast, match previews and match writeups, will take a back seat while we refocus for what will hopefully be a memorable 2021/22 season whatever happens on the pitch, provided we can watch it from the stands.

So we wish all the lads all the best in both Cape Town and Tokyo, and also I'd like to thank all my readers for following my harpin' over the past season and I look forward to enjoying more rugby with you soon.  JLP

D4tress

D4tress
Taken by JLP from RDS press box on Nov 16, 2019