Friday, January 31, 2020

PODCAST : "Preview : Ireland v Scotland"



Click play above to hear the pod or better still subscribe we're on Apple Podcasts as well as a host of major platforms - search "The HarpinOnRugby Podcast".  

With no Leinster or Ireland match last weekend I decided to put more time into developing my podcast, and so set out to interview fans from all four provinces ahead of the Six Nations.   So far in the series I heard from Conor Cronin representing Leinster, Padraig Kelly of The2ndRow flew the fan for Connacht, and the author of the excellent Munster fan blog WestTerraceView Gayl Kennedy joined me for part 3, you’ll find all of those chats back in my feed.  Unfortunately I was unable to secure an Ulster guest, but I’ll be sure to get some northern opinion in the near future.  And so I have elected to round off this mini-series by presenting my match preview of Ireland’s opening match of the 2020 Six Nations in podcast form, offering my own take on the questions I asked my previous guests.

1) How do you think Andy Farrell will approach the Six Nations?

2) What do you make of Johnny Sexton as captain?

3) What is your ideal starting XV to play Scotland?

I also offer some thoughts on the Scots as well predicting the match result.  JLP

PS : Best of luck of course to all the other Irish teams in action this weekend - Women, U20, Clubs, plus Men & Women's 7s!!!  That's a lot of international rugby to follow!!!!

#COYBIG

SCOTLAND : 15. Stuart Hogg - CAPTAIN 14. Sean Maitland 13. Huw Jones 12. Sam Johnson 11. Blair Kinghorn 10. Adam Hastings 9. Ali Price
1. Rory Sutherland 2. Fraser Brown - VICE CAPTAIN 3. Zander Fagerson 4. Scott Cummings 5. Jonny Gray 6. Jamie Ritchie 7. Hamish Watson 8. Nick Haining
Substitutes : 16. Stuart McInally 17. Allan Dell 18. Simon Berghan 19. Ben Toolis 20. Cornell du Preez 21. George Horne 22. Rory Hutchinson 23. Chris Harris.

Guinness Six Nations 2020 - Round 1
Saturday, February 1, 2020
KO 4:45pm
Aviva Stadium

Referee: Mathieu Raynal (France)
AR1: Pascal Gauzere (France)
AR2: Federico Anselmi (Argentina)
TMO: Glenn Newman (New Zealand)

D4tress

D4tress
Taken by JLP from RDS press box on Nov 16, 2019