Saturday, January 19, 2013

Lions Selector Panel–5th Round (SCO)

It’s one of the hottest debate topics egg-chasing has to offer.

Given we live in something of a green goldfish bowl on these Irish shores, there’s no harm getting input from elsewhere. And so we have the HarpinOnRugby Lions Selector Panel, made up of one fan from each nation, with even the Irish panellist based abroad.

This week it’s the turn of our Scottish panellist Kirsten Bruce. Click here to see how her latest choices affect the overall panel’s selection.

British-Irish-Lions-logo-20131

ITS LIONS RUGBY YEAR! Exciting times!

I’ve been reading so many articles about who is likely to get a spot on the tour – but who really knows – besides Gatland?! Stories about Nathan Hines and Jonny Wilkinson being possibilities…I just don’t see that being a good decision. They made their choice to retire – in my eyes that means they took themselves out of the running.

A few (controversial) changes to my Lions team this month…I like to keep you readers on your toes! Johnnie Beattie is in as he has been playing amazing for Montpellier, and has been re-included in the Scotland Six Nations squad. Peter O’Mahony has also been impressive for Munster.

1. Cian Healy
2. Rory Best
3. Euan Murray
4. Richie Gray
5. Joe Launchbury
6. Peter O’Mahony
7. Justin Tipuric
8. Johnnie Beattie
9. Danny Care
10. Jonathon Sexton
11. Tim Visser
12. Manu Tuilagi
13. Jonathan Davies
14. Tommy Bowe
15. Leigh Halfpenny

BENCH : 16. Richard Hibbard 17. Ryan Grant 18. Dan Cole 19. Courtney Lawes 20. Kelly Brown  21. Mike Phillips 22. Owen Farrell  23. Rob Kearney


I’m Kirsten. Some who read this may follow me on twitter (@kirstenbruce_02). I’m a big Scotland supporter, so apologies if I am a little bit biased. Also, big thanks to Jeff (@HarpinOnRugby) for allowing me to be involved – it’s sure to be challenging but a great experience!

D4tress

D4tress
Taken by JLP from RDS press box on Nov 16, 2019